Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 2., Chapter 6 - Carnival Dream Review

Sunday, December 11th, 2011 - Day 2 - Sea Day

Latanya and I woke up slowly on this day and I am pretty sure we skipped breakfast entirely. I am kicking myself for not taking notes but oh well! Like Tim Gunn of Project Runway says "Make it work!"

We decided to go to the spa for some rest and relaxation. Latanya brought her workout clothes and her swimsuit with her so that she could work out in the gym first and then shower off and join me in the spa. I just realized I am making myself look very lazy - well, this was a vacation and I was lazy! Haha.

The Cloud 9 spa, currently only on the Carnival Dream and Splendor has several rooms that you can enjoy as either a Spa Cabin passenger or a VIP Spa pass holder. If you're interested in using the spa facilities, I suggest you start checking early for a spa cabin and compare the prices to see how much the difference is between a regular cabin and a spa cabin. We didn't have a spa cabin because the price difference was too big but we booked on short notice.

The couples spa pass is $250 for the entire week if you don't have a spa cabin. This allows you to go to the spa from 8am-10pm every day as much as you wish. We figured that if we went 7 times (once a day), that it would wind up being about $18 each per day to use the facilities.

There is a Thalassotherapy Pool room which is a mix between a small swimming pool and a jacuzzi in that it's way bigger than a jacuzzi but hotter than a swimming pool. In fact, it's supposed to be around the same as the average body temperature. I thought it was a smidge hotter than that but found it to be comfortable (not too hot like a lot of jacuzzi's.). There are special minerals that are put into the water that are supposed to make your skin feel softer and combo jets that are supposed to make your joints feel better as well. There is also a long lounger metal bench in the pool that you can kind of lay down on with your legs up.

Since this is only day 2, I don't know if they're doing their job well or not so I won't ruin it for you.. I'll just wait until the final day recap of the spa to tell you whether or not everything was worth the money.

Sorry I don't have a great photo of this room .. there were always some people in it so I didn't want to be annoying taking photos.

Photobucket

Another room which became one of Latanya's favorite rooms was the very wet sauna room. The steam was so thick in this room that you could barely see. There are these mist sprayers that lightly mist you with warm water and the room is super hot. I found this room to be great for the muscle relaxation and for making me sweat. However, it was too intense for my face and for me to breathe well. I am asthmatic. So, while I used it on this Sea Day, I didn't return to it. Latanya used it every day and loved it and so did some of our other friends from our roll call.

Another of our favorite rooms, we called the Bamboo Round Room. It has great views of the water and several hot stone loungers. The lounger feels about like having a heating pad on medium heat except it covers your entire body. This room became an instant favorite of mine.

I have a lot of photos of this room (admittedly these were all taken on the last sea day but I figured I wouldn't make you all wait that long into the review to see them!) So, enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorites of the heated chairs...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Right outside of the Bamboo Round Room were these walk in rain showers which were super roomy. These were to rinse off and cool down.

Photobucket

Down the hallway is another room with stone chairs that are heated. Most of these are a bit milder in temperature. This room has different decor with only 2 loungers and several chairs. We didn't spend much time in this room because I liked the more intense heat of the chairs in the bamboo round room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The spa staff were very informative and friendly. They always waved, with a smile and said hello when they walked past you. Luke was the one who most often checked us in every time we visited and he is pictured here in the right.

Photobucket

We probably spent about 2 hours in the spa using the facilities on this morning (again, Sunday, Dec. 11th, Sea Day). Then we headed back to our room to shower off.

No comments:

Post a Comment