Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 1, Ch. 5 - Carnival Dream Review - Heading to dinner!

We went back to the room after using the spa, showered off, got dressed and headed to our first dinner, late seating, since we couldn't change our dining time. We were sat at a table meant for 10 people. Only 2 people were there when we were seated and they both looked seasick and not happy so it was just awkward. 3 more people showed up rather late and they were not talkative. We've been lucky with our dining companions overall in the past but we were just left feeling awkward. I don't remember what we ate. I didn't take photos. I know, I am horrible. I should warn you now that I didn't take many food photos during this cruise, except for one night and that night is definitely worth continuing to tune in to see the photos! :-)

I had fruit for dessert. I'll go ahead and say now that I rarely ate dessert on the ship because in general, I don't care for it. Plus, I wanted to save the calories. I never found any of the food that I ate during the week to be horrible and I am extremely picky and snobby when it comes to food. There were many dishes that I really enjoyed. I never expected amazing food on a ship with 4,800 passengers that all have to be served. More on this later too with some inside information :-)

My fruit plate - yummy!

Photobucket

After dinner, we headed to the Encore Theater Lounge to watch the "Welcome Aboard" show. Just when we thought it was the same show we'd seen over and over again, (and the beginning was), we were introduced to a new addition called Fun Force. Fun Force is a team of guys that do acrobatics, break dancing and a guy that does amazing pop and locking. They did a very brief routine and we were informed they'd make a grander appearance later in the week which we were super excited about and looked forward to for the entire week.

Since photos were allowed during this night, I took some photos of the show.

Meet Gary, our Cruise Director.

Photobucket

And our amazing captain that got us everywhere safely!:

Photobucket

Six ladies dancing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

This next shot of the dancers makes me smile because Shane, the guy supporting the girl is an awesome guy from Hawaii who we later got to know and he is very sweet. Shane is an incredibly talented performer and very energetic. In general, the dancers and singers on the Dream seemed to have more energy and were happy people.

Photobucket

A photo of the Fun Force dancers breakdancing (They're motion blurred because I didn't have a flash with me. I do have more photos of them later in the week.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the Welcome Aboard show, we headed to the welcome aboard Laser Show. I read incredible things about this on the Dream so I was beyond excited to go to it even though I was very tired. We all started cheering as they prepared the fog machines (The fog helps you to see the laser beams better). I'd love to say this was amazing. Unfortunately, it wasn't and we thought maybe it was due to the wind pushing the fog down and not being able to catch the laser beams well so we decided not to be too critical of it.

Steve (from our roll call) found us out there by the pool in our loungers right before the show and watched it with us. Then, he stayed with us after it was over and we chit chatted until around 1:30am. Great conversation so that made it worth being out there. I also grabbed a sausage dog without a bun and some fries from the Lido outside grill and they were both yummy!.

2am - Snore! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment