Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 3., Chapter 9 - Carnival Dream Review - Cozumel !

Hello readers! Day 3 of our itinerary puts us in Cozumel, Mexico. A couple of cruises ago, we visited Cozumel and something rather traumatic happened to me within the first 30 minutes of getting off of the ship. So, we went back to the ship and didn't experience Cozumel at all. I won't go into details but I'll say that going back to Cozumel was one part of this itinerary that I wasn't looking forward to. So, I booked a Carnival excursion to go to Dolphinaris and swim with the dolphins. I'll get into this more soon.

The night before, we chose room service items to be delivered to us for breakfast since we knew we'd have to get up early to be ready and off of the ship for our excursion. I've never looked at the room service menu for breakfast on previous cruises but was annoyed that there weren't any protein options on the menu. They basically had cereal, bagels, yogurt, milk, etc.

Our breakfast arrived about 20 minutes late which had me in panic mode but no biggie - we wolfed it down. Then we headed off of the ship. Getting off of the ship was really easy on this day as it wasn't a tender port and we probably only had about 10 people in front of us to get off.

We're running a little late because of the breakfast but I want to take a few photos. Latanya is yelling at me.. okay not yelling.. just insisting we need to go. I can see how short the walk is so I am insisting I need to take a few photos real quick. :-) I won so here they are:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Voyager of the Seas and the Jewel of the Seas were also in port:

Photobucket

Tried to crop out as many people as I could:

Photobucket

We had to walk inside this short shopping plaza in order to get back outside to the hub of where all the tours met up. There was this man wearing a gold pirate suit. There are people in every port that dress up like something and want tips for you to take photos of them or with them. But they're all normally very nice about it and will pose for you first and then hint at their tip jar. This man, however was grouchy and wouldn't pose for anyone. In fact, when someone pointed their camera at him, he'd point at his tip bucket and block his face or turn around really fast to make sure they missed the shot. He might have better luck if he was nice to people. I had a fast enough camera that I got one anyway and while I would have tipped him like I later on tipped several others, I chose not to because of how grumpy he was.

Photobucket

As we walked out of the shopping hallway, there was one of those cut out things that you put your head in. I had Latanya pose in it for me so I could get the lighting and settings right on the camera and then asked someone else to just press the button once I hopped into the photo.

Photobucket

Don't we look... happy? Haha!

Within a couple of minutes, we met up with our group and were waiting to leave for Dolphinaris.

Through knowing each other on cruise critic, we'd already pre-arranged to go with 8 other people so that we could basically be one group comprised of CC members.

While we were waiting in line to start the walk to our vans/taxis that would take us to Dolphinaris, I saw this statue and decided I had to have my photo taken on it. I am definitely not a skinny girl but I sometimes pose like I am a model. lol. I say "own the body you have". Normally I wouldn't post them online though but what the heck! In position for my photo and Latanya takes the shot:

Photobucket

(Unless otherwise noted, all photos that have both Latanya and myself in them are from us handing the camera to someone else with the settings already figured out and hoping they focus well.) :-)

Photobucket

Then we offered to take photos for the others from CC who were part of our group.

First up, Roy and his daughter, Patty.

Photobucket

And then, Naomi with her husband Ben and their friends, Julie and Dan and Josh and I am horrible.. I forget the name of the other girl.

Photobucket

And since it didn't need any people in it to look fabulous, a photo of the statue by itself.

Photobucket

Okay, line moving and we're all following our guide who takes us down to where the taxi's are. These adorable little buggy cars were all lined up on the other side of the street.

Photobucket

We're in our taxi and on the way to Dolphinaris. About 5 minutes later, we pull up and the 4 year old inner child starts to go bananas as we all realize that we're about to touch, play with and swim with these beautiful creatures.

Photos and review coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment